Coast Guard Mutual Assistance is excited to announce that we have expanded our relationship with the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) and its member agencies.
CGMA will continue to cover the costs for individual counseling for all eligible CGMA clients to include:
- Financial and budget counseling
- Debt management programs when deemed necessary by a credit counselor
- Pre-bankruptcy counseling and education
- Pre and post-purchase housing counseling
- Foreclosure prevention counseling
In addition, CGMA will cover the costs for financial training workshops to include:
- Budget training for Coast Guard groups and units made by request to CGMA
- Scheduled events such as the financial portion of the Transition Assistance
The updated agreement (pdf) between CGMA and the NFCC gives more detailed information on referrals and how to schedule individual counseling and group training.
Information can also be found under chapter 3-C-6 of the CGMA Manual
You give valuable time to assist CGMA clients and it is much appreciated!
Please let CGMA-HQ know (703) 875-0404 or toll free (800) 881-2462 or email: ARL-DG-CGMA@uscg.mil if there is any way we can support your efforts as you serve your shipmates through CGMA.