Breastmilk Shipment Grant
CGMA started helping to ship breastmilk in 2019. Since then, the government has been able to step in for Active Duty members. CGMA grants are still available to all other members and spouses.
Type of Assistance
Start with Your CGMA Rep
Start with your local CGMA Representative
There are more than 600 Coast Guard Mutual Assistance Representatives to help you.FIND MY REPRESENTATIVE
How to Apply
Gather these documents:
- Your Coast Guard ID
- CGMA-12 BMS Grant Application
- Receipts for shipping costs
Contact your CGMA Representative to start the process.
- Each family can get grants totaling $750 each 12 months. There is no limit on the number of shipments.
- Grants are also available for equipment to transport breastmilk during a PCS move.
- Applications must be submitted within 60 days of shipment.
- Spouses must verify that they shipped the milk while traveling on business for their job or transported the milk as part of a PCS move.