Thank you for taking on the role of CGMA Representative. We count on you to guide members and treat them with respect and fairness. CGMA-HQ is here to help you at every step.
Checklist for Departing Reps
- Audit your Rep Site personnel, service units, and checks in netFORUM.
- Add a replacement CGMA Reps to netFORUM.
- Submit updated Bank Signature Card (BSC) and Appointment Agreement (AA) to CGMA-HQ.
- Add an End Date to the departing CGMA Rep’s profile in netFORUM.
Checklist for New Reps
- Once you’ve been appointed by your Unit, contact your existing primary contact CGMA Rep to get you set up.
- If there is no existing Rep to help, contact Jing Patton at netFORUM@mycgma.org.
- Sign and submit Bank Signature Card (BSC) and Appointment Agreement (AA) to CGMA-HQ.
- After gaining access, audit your Rep Site personnel, service units, and checks in netFORUM.
- Review the 2010 Operating Manual chapters 2-4 and the CGMA Desk Guide.
Reference and Training
- CGMA Desk Guide – A brief guide to your responsibilities and CGMA’s programs. The online version is kept up to date.
- 2010 CGMA Operating Manual – Note that the Desk Guide is more authoritative, especially for dollar amounts.
- CGMA Forms – A list of all current forms.
- CGMA-HQ Contact List
- Zelle Flyer – Explain to clients the easiest way to receive funds.
- SEG Flyer
Other Military Branches
CGMA has agreements with Army Emergency Relief, Air Force Aid Society, and Navy/Marine Corps Relief Society. You may provide aid to DoD members.
- You must contact the society for that member’s branch and get an approval code.
- Military ID is required.
- They may use CGMA forms or forms of their parent agency. Enter in netFORUM as best you can.
Military Aid Societies:
Coast Guard Mutual Assistance (CGMA) is the only non-federal entity statutorily recognized as the CG’s Military Aid Society. See 10 U.S.C. § 1033. Coast Guard employees are permitted to solicit funds for CGMA in their official capacity. See 5 C.F.R. 2635.808(b). COs/OINCs/supervisors and individuals may all use their official title, position and authority to speak, write and encourage other members of the Coast Guard to encourage them to donate to CGMA. Donations always are the members’ choice.
Click here for the full CG Playbook for Supporting Organizations provided by COMDT (CG-LGL).