PCS Childcare Grant

A Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move is full of challenges and unexpected expenses. One way CGMA helps is to assist with childcare costs during this busy time.

Coast Guardsman hugging his son


$150 per child

Type of Assistance



Active Duty
Civilian Employees
PHS Officers and Chaplains

Start with Your CGMA Rep

Start with your local CGMA Representative

There are more than 600 Coast Guard Mutual Assistance Representatives to help you.


How to Apply

Gather these documents:

  • Your Coast Guard ID
  • CGMA-09 PCS Childcare Grant Application
  • Either a receipt from a commercial childcare center or a signed note from the person who provided the service indicating the full amount paid
  • PCS orders showing a HHG move at government expense
  • ADOS orders for Reservists

Contact your CGMA Representative to start the process.

Submit your application within 6 months of the childcare service.

Who's Eligible?

  • Active Duty and ADOS Reserve members with children 12 and under, or special needs children of any age

What's Covered?

  • Childcare provided within 60 days prior to departure and/or within 60 days of reporting to the new permanent duty station.
  • Childcare may be provided by either a commercial daycare or by a non-commercial source such as a neighbor or friend.
  • The grant may not be used for services by a family member, including parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
  • Reimbursement is limited to $150 per child, for a maximum of three children. Each family is limited to a cumulative total of $450 per calendar year.


Loading Locator Software...