PCS Childcare Grant
A Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move is full of challenges and unexpected expenses. One way CGMA helps is to assist with childcare costs during this busy time.
Type of Assistance
Start with Your CGMA Rep
Start with your local CGMA Representative
There are more than 600 Coast Guard Mutual Assistance Representatives to help you.FIND MY REPRESENTATIVE
How to Apply
Gather these documents:
- Your Coast Guard ID
- CGMA-09 PCS Childcare Grant Application
- Either a receipt from a commercial childcare center or a signed note from the person who provided the service indicating the full amount paid
- PCS orders showing a HHG move at government expense
- ADOS orders for Reservists
Contact your CGMA Representative to start the process.
Submit your application within 6 months of the childcare service.
- Active Duty and ADOS Reserve members in pay grades E6 and below, O-2, and O-1.
- With children 12 and under, or special needs children of any age
- Childcare provided within 60 days prior to departure and/or within 60 days of reporting to the new permanent duty station.
- Childcare may be provided by either a commercial daycare or by a non-commercial source such as a neighbor or friend.
- The grant may not be used for services by a family member, including parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
- Reimbursement is limited to $150 per child, for a maximum of three children. Each family is limited to a cumulative total of $450 per calendar year.