Assisted Reproductive Services (ARS) Loan
In the United States, one in eight couples has trouble getting pregnant or staying pregnant. CGMA supports members of the Coast Guard community with financial assistance to build their families. Assistance is available for clients wishing to engage in a recognized fertility treatment program or associated costs not covered by TRICARE.
Type of Assistance
Start with Your CGMA Rep
Start with your local CGMA Representative
There are more than 600 Coast Guard Mutual Assistance Representatives to help you.FIND MY REPRESENTATIVE
How to Apply
Gather these documents:
- Your Coast Guard ID
- CGMA-03 ARS Loan Application
- CGMA-15 Personal Budget
- A letter or invoice from a medical provider that clearly states the program of treatment and the estimated cost. This documentation should be authoritative (not an email or handwritten note) but need not include any specific medical information.
Contact your CGMA Representative to start the process.
- All CGMA members are eligible regardless of marital status or sexual orientation.
- The loan may be issued up to 30 days prior to preparatory treatment or contract signing, since providers often require an initial payment.
- Repayment should not exceed Expiration of Enlistment (EOE) or 36 months.
- The initial loan must be paid in full before another application is submitted.
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Donor egg/sperm
- Other forms of assisted reproductive technology
Loans may not be used for experimental or research programs.
Military IVF facilities
If you receive treatment at one of the Military Treatment Facilities (MTF) listed below, you will still need to pay out-of-pocket but the cost is less compared to the same services at a non-military clinic.
- Fort Sam Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, TX
- Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
- Womack Army Medical Center, Ft. Bragg, NC
- Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA
- Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA