Stafford/PLUS Loan Fee Grant
Many families finance higher education through the Federal Stafford Loan or Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS). CGMA makes the process easier by offering a grant to reimburse you for the mandatory loan fee, which can be up to 4%.
Type of Assistance
Start with Your CGMA Rep
Start with your local CGMA Representative
There are more than 600 Coast Guard Mutual Assistance Representatives to help you.FIND MY REPRESENTATIVE
How to Apply
Gather these documents:
- Your Coast Guard ID
- CGMA-08 Stafford/PLUS Loan Fee Grant Application
- Direct Loan Disclosure Statement from the Department of Education
- An account statement from the school at the end of the term showing deposits to the student’s school account for that term
- Note: the school account statement must be dated more than 14 days after the school sends the mandatory written notice that they have credited the student’s account with the Stafford or PLUS funds.
Contact your CGMA Representative to start the process.
- Find more information on the Stafford/PLUS programs at GovLoans.gov.
- All CGMA members are eligible for the grant on behalf of themselves, their spouses, or their dependent children under 23.
- Eligibility is based on the client’s and the student’s status as of the first day of the course for which the grant is requested.
- Applications must be submitted within 12 months after the date the loan funds are disbursed.