Vehicle Repair Loan
A sudden car breakdown or auto accident can completely disrupt your budget. If you can't afford unexpected and costly car repairs, CGMA is here to help.
Type of Assistance
Start with Your CGMA Rep
Start with your local CGMA Representative
There are more than 600 Coast Guard Mutual Assistance Representatives to help you.FIND MY REPRESENTATIVE
CGMA can help with:
- Major, unexpected repairs to primary vehicle.
- Major, unexpected repairs to secondary vehicle if necessary for family needs.
- Pending insurance settlement.
- Parts if member is performing their own repairs.
The loan amount is determined by need, so clients may be asked to pay part of the repairs from their own resources with CGMA providing the rest.
What's Not Covered?
- Normal routine repairs like oil changes and tire replacement
- Vehicle that is not registered to the member or spouse
- Any repair to an uninsured vehicle
- Cosmetic repairs
- Maintenance on a ‘classic’ car (hobby, etc.)
- Vehicle insurance
- Repairs to a rental vehicle being used for government business