Spouses and Children

CGMA applications always need the primary member’s signature, however, many programs are designed to help dependent spouses and children.

Dependents are individuals who typically reside with the CGMA sponsor and have a government dependent identification card or qualify to be included as a dependent for federal tax purposes. This includes: the lawful spouse of the CGMA sponsor, unmarried dependent children under 21 years of age (unless physically or mentally handicapped), and parents or other family members who are dependent on the CGMA sponsor for over half of their support.

If the member is not available, the spouse will need a power of attorney or a CGMA-16 Pre-Authorization Form.

Unfortunately, CGMA is not able to help former spouses, partners who are not married, or parents who are not dependents.

Programs for Dependents

Filter all programs

Be the first to know

Sign up for the CGMA newsletter to get exclusive updates on how we help the Coast Guard community.


Loading Locator Software...